Friday, May 22, 2009

Oh Man.

So, I'm at the gym and I'm on the elliptical machine and they have these little TVs and I flip the thing on, start channel surfing. My choices are: a trio of 24-hour news channels, Martha Stewart, two ESPNs, several soap operas and Family Feud.

Ugh.

So I put the TV on channel 8, not really knowing what it is because they're at commercial.

Well, the show starts and I get Ty Pennington and his annoying crew on their way to do an Extreme Home Makeover. Inside of about two minutes, I'm all teary eyed because the family they are helping has a daughter who, at age 11 days (or some similarly insane age) had to have a heart transplant. Ok, I'm a sucker for these poor babies facing unreasonable challenges and coming through it.

What's my point? That ABC works really hard to pull your heart strings? That I was nearly crying on the elliptical machine in the middle of the YMCA on a Friday afternoon? That god is a bastard for putting a kid through all this?

I have no idea.

1 comment:

open your mind. said...

Dude, I am the same way with soap operas, though. When I only had two channels at my Detroit apartment, I would get so sucked into them and cry every day.