Thursday, May 28, 2009

Going Home

So, I'm planning a trip back to Rochester, Michigan, where I was born. I lived there until I was 18 and then went off to college. I continued to come back in the summer and for various other holidays and weekends (I had a girlfriend at the time who was in Rochester while I was in East Lansing, so there was a fair amount of back and forth during my freshman year!).

Anyway, I haven't been back to Rochester since 1992. Yep, 1992.

I haven't set foot in Michigan since 1994. Yep, 15 years.

While I am there, I plan to hang out with old college and high school friends, most of whom I have not seen since I left.

I have booked my plane ticket, the plans for the weekend are slowly coming together and I have to say that my excitement for this trip is pretty much off the scale. I'm much more excited than I thought I would be.

Perhaps this is some sort of mid-life crisis of nostalgia? Could this be my little red sports car?

Maybe. Maybe not.

But I can tell you this: I sure hope those people have not aged into major douchebags.

That would suck.

I mean, I'm exactly the same, right?

No comments: