Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Walking

Beautiful day today.

Sunny. Warm. Once the fog burned off, that is.

So, after a lovely 5 minute walk, I'm at the gym climbing onto some sort of modern day torture device that's going to nuke those love handles and power up my aging ticker. Lot's of folks at the Y today, trying to get fit or get ready for swimsuit season or whatever.

I look over to my left and see some folks walking on treadmills.

Good for them, I think. They're here, they're making the effort, they're doing it!

Wait a minute.

They're inside, on a beautiful day, WALKING on a treadmill. Walking. Walking?

The Y I go to is probably less than 10 minutes WALKING from a beautiful lake in a park like setting with a lovely WALKING path all the way around.

The sun is shining, it's warm and you're WALKING on a treadmill. INSIDE.

Damn.

Ok.

No comments: