Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Are You Freaking Kidding Me?!?!

We have guests from out of town (Vietnam, in case you were wondering) staying at the fancy Claremont Resort and Spa in Berkeley. Today, they invited us to come to the pool with them.

Cool! A luxury resort and spa with a very nice pool AND a little kiddie pool with a little kiddie water slide. Even a hot tub.

I was stuck at work, but hey that's ok. My kids will have a blast with their cousin, splishin' and splashin'.

Well, guess what?

As a guest, to visit the pool?

$25 for an adult. $15 for a kid.

Whahaha....

Pardon me whilst I retrieve my jaw from the marbled floor of your foyer.

Yep, cost us $55 for my wife and my two kids to "hang by the pool" for 45 minutes.

Fifty-five.

Dollars.

Forty-five.

Minutes.

More than a dollar a minute. One dollar for less than 60 seconds at a pool.

A big concrete hole filled with water. That's two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen.

Two of the more common elements on our planet. One of the most common compounds on Earth.

Our very bodies are mostly made of this stuff.

I'm really not seeing where I'm getting anywhere near my money's worth. In fact, I think I hear my money screaming to me from their, no doubt, fur lined pockets.

And what is it saying?

"Help! We've been kidnapped!"

"Yes," I say in reply, "and I've been raped."

Unfuckingbelievable.

No comments: